Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation Mission Statement
The Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation is dedicated to the following:
- To help conserve, restore and enhance the environmental and aesthetic
features of Batiquitos Lagoon.
- To encourage establishment of a tidally flushed lagoon to promote water
quality and support of salt marsh habitat.
- To promote effective water level management and implementation of a strong monitoring plan to evaluate the success of an enhanced lagoon.
- To promote public awareness of the environmental features and public benefits of the lagoon and wetlands area.
- To work with private persons and groups and with local, state and federal governmental agencies in programs to conserve and restore the environmental features.
- To solicit donations of funds and properties from public and private sources.
- To conserve land in or adjacent to the lagoon for public access, hiking trails, viewpoint parks, educational opportunities, scientific research, and habitat preservation.